I know you will find this shocking, but there are times when I have nothing to say. So I don’t blog for a few days. And then I get scared that everyone will forget about me and no one will pay attention to me and I think maybe I better start a YouTube show. And then I remember I’m too lazy for all that mess and so I write a blog instead. It makes me feel relevant. Don’t judge. So, here are a few things for me to tell you about today.
1. Cowboy football starts on Saturday. WHOOMP, THERE IT IS!
2. I just saw Jennifer Hudson on a commercial and daaaaaaang, that girl is so skinny she probably has to run around in the shower to get wet.
3. We are not buying that house. Well, I still think we are but I have nothing logical to base that on. So, what had happened was, Spencer and I have been casually looking at houses for sale. We were just trying to get an idea about location, prices, amenities, etc. AND THEN. The house came along. The house with everything on our checklist. The house with everything on our checklist (The checklist that was in our head. We are def not organized enough to write a checklist of anything.) that was also in our price range. So,long story short, we looked at it as soon as it was listed, we put in an offer, we got scammed by the listing agent and after a lot of messy back and forth, our offer got rejected. Or, more accurately, accepted but then overridden by another offer that was also accepted. Yeah. So we aren’t getting it. I am telling myself this. But, it’s kind of like years ago after Spencer and I had met and then I heard he got engaged to someone else. And my response was, “It won’t work out. He’s for me.” And waddayaknow? I was right. So, we’ll see how the ‘ole intuition is holding up. I realize this sounds like a pretty terrible attitude and that I should probably say, “Well, I prayed for God’s will for our housing situation and this must mean that he has other plans and I’m happy to wait to see what they are because I have faith and blah, blah, blah.” Which, is all true if that’s the case. I just don’t think it is. I still think we are going to get the house. And I said all that for I don’t know why. Other than I like to shoot y’all straight and tell it like it is. Cause you’re my homies.
5. I’m getting fatter. It’s very irritating when you don’t change your eating or exercising habits yet you gain weight.
6. I have scheduled an appointment with the Oklahoma Allergy Clinic now that I have health insurance again. I mainly think insurance is a scam and I get mad when I think about my ROI on that one so I’m trying not to think about it because “having insurance is the responsible thing to do.” I’m not sure who I am quoting there but I’m pretty sure it’s what “they” say. Anyway, I am very enthusiastic about this appointment where they will prick me with 72 things I may be allergic to.
7. The world is going to hell in a hand-basket. Do you ever think how weird it is for mixed company to be hanging out together in bathing suits when most women’s bathing suits cover less than their underwear? Or that they play movies at the gym that are full of the “f” word? Or that I hear songs that have the lyrics, “It’s just you and your hand tonight,” blaring in public places? And, Men: don’t you find it insulting that in order to get you to look at anything, they put women dressed like sluts with it? Think about it: sports games, tv shows, music videos, magic acts, advertisements, etc. Aren’t y’all smarter than that? Where has our sense of decency and civility gone?! UGH!
Okay, seriously, those are all important topics for you to ponder. I love all y’all and Jesus.